Saturday, September 11, 2010

when things were like a springsteen song (sept.10)


I'm having a bruce day.
This time felt a little more real and a little closer to the end. I know its not quite yet, but its getting closer. Each goodbye drags it out. Things we'll always be thinking but we'll never say. And I can't help but wonder if I'm making something out of nothing. I let my hands stand still. I don't dance around. I laugh, but its more like an echo. And then I fight in my head about how this time will draw to a close. And while I'm still trying to figure out exactly how this is supposed to go its suddenly over and I'm always left slightly bewildered. Completely unsure of what happened and why what part of me wanted to happen didn't. But also knowing I didn't expect it to, not anymore. Things are different. I used to be so sure I could feel what you were feeling which as I'm typing this I can see how cliche and ridiculous that sounds but its true and now I never know what's coming next with you. which makes me melancholy in broad sort of way. That is to say I can put it aside because I know whatever was between us is almost over. Thats all really.

No comments:

Post a Comment